If Javascript is disabled in your browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Mother Earth Father Sky Mural

 "Mother Earth Father Sky"
Mural
 The Peaks Retirement Resort  
Flagstaff AZ

This sand textured mural was painted with acrylics and sand. It depicts my version of a traditional Navajo sand painting of Mother Earth - Father Sky.II also included two corn stalks on both sides along with various Navajo patterns and petroglyphs throughout the mural. It is about 6ft by 12ft. It was a challenge for me in that the wall is curved and I had to compensate so that when viewed from floor level that the horizontal lines would appear right. If not they would curve upward or downward at eye level. This is one of the largest paintings I have ever done and if you would like to see it and just happen to be in Flagstaff AZ stop by the The Peaks Retirement across the road from the Museum of Northern AZ on the road going to the Grand Canyon out of Flagstaff. The resort was designed with Native American art throughout the building and several other artists have their art as well.  It is like a museum in there and I would highly recommend anyone interested in Native American art to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment