If Javascript is disabled in your browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Monday, August 6, 2018

Horses are Good for the Soul.


    Horses are Good for the Soul.

I am the Sun's son.
I sat on the turquoise horse.
He went to the opening in the sky.
He went with me to the opening.
The turquoise horse prances with me.
From where we start the turquoise horse is seen.
The lightning flashes from the turquoise horse.
The turquoise horse is terrifying.
He stands on the upper circle of the rainbow
The sunbeam is in his mouth for his bridle.
He circles around all the peoples of the earth
With their goods.
Today he is on my side
And I shall win with him.the rainbow.
I am the White Bead Woman,
I came upon it.
In the center of my home,
I came upon It.
Right where the white bead basket sits,
I came upon it.
The basket has four turquoise decorations,
I came upon it.
The white bead basket has a turquoise finishing around the edge,
I came upon it.
The white bead horses stand toward the basket from the four directions,
As I came upon it.
All the beautiful flowers are its pollen,
Black clouds are the water they have in their mouths,
As I came upon them.
White poles for its enclosure
As I came upon them.
Blue poles for its enclosure,
As I came upon them.
Yellow poles for its enclosure,
As I came upon them.
Iridescent poles for its enclosure, flashing,
As I came upon them.
The rainbow for its gate,
As I came upon it.
The sun closes its entrance
As I came upon it.
The white bead horses pour out,
As I came upon them.
The turquoise horses pouring out,
As I came upon them.
The white shell horses pouring out,
As I came upon them.
The male banded stone horses pouring out,
As I came upon them.
All mixed horses, together with the buffalo and the mountain sheep, pouring out,
As I came upon them.
As the horses pour out with the beautiful goods,
As I came upon them.
The earth's pollen (dust) rises as they pour out,
The shining dust of the earth covers their bodies,
As I came upon them
As I came upon them.
Like the Most High Power Whose Ways Are Beautiful are my horses,
As I came upon them.
Before my horses all is beautiful,
Behind my horses all is beautiful.
As I came upon them.
As I came upon them.
To multiply and not to decrease,

Navajo Horse Creation Prayer





There is nothing more calming than seeing horses peacefully grazing  






against the red rock cliffs
of the Navajo Nation


   


 The Navajo Nation Council condones
 rounding up horses like these



and these








And sending them off to Mexico to be



To be brutally slaughtered.


They are supposed to be sacred to our people
Let us treat them with the reverence and respect they deserve.
End all round ups, open wild horse sanctuaries


for a video of above photos click below,

Navajo Wild Horses being Wild Horses

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
 Mahatma Gandhi 



In case the Navajo Council have forgotten
This is Section Five of the 
Fundamental Laws of the Dine' ( Navajo) 
under Natural Law.

A law that they themselves passed,


§ 5. Nahasdzáán dóó Yádiłhił Bitsąądęę Beenahaz'áanii--

Diné Natural Law (1 N.N.C. § 205)

 

Diné Natural Law declares and teaches that: 

A. The four sacred elements of life, air, light/fire, water and earth/pollen in all their forms must be respected, honored and protected for they sustain life; and 

B. The six sacred mountains, Sisnajini, Tsoodził, Dook'o'ooslííd, Dibé Nitsaa, Dził Na'oodiłii, Dził Ch'ool'í'í, and all the attendant mountains must be respected, honored and protected for they, as leaders, are the foundation of the Navajo Nation; and 

C. All creation, from Mother Earth and Father Sky to the animals, those who live in water, those who fly and plant life have their own laws, and have rights and freedom to exist; and

D. The Diné have a sacred obligation and duty to respect, preserve and protect all that was provided for we were designated as the steward of these relatives through our use of the sacred gifts of language and thinking; and 

E. Mother Earth and Father Sky is part of us as the Diné and the Diné is part of Mother Earth and Father Sky; The Diné must treat this sacred bond with love and respect without exerting dominance for we do not own our mother or father. 

F. The rights and freedoms of the people to the use of the sacred elements of life as mentioned above and to the use of the land, natural resources, sacred sites and other living beings must be accomplished through the proper protocol of respect and offering and these practices must be protected and preserved for they are the foundation of our spiritual ceremonies and the Diné life way; and

G. It is the duty and responsibility of the Diné to protect and preserve the beauty of the natural world for future generations. 



Please  contact the

Navajo Nation Council


or the President of the Navajo Nation
Russell Begaye
Navajo Nation President
928-871-7000 

And tell them to
 STOP SENDING HORSES TO SLAUGHTER!


Photography by Ron Toahani Jackson

2 comments:

  1. Horses should be considered sacred to all cultures as they have given their lives throughout history to serve humankind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for standing up for the wild horses of the Navajo Nation. I admire all that you do to help all animals. Again thank you.

    ReplyDelete